Kickboxing is a group fitness class that provides more benefits than a traditional cardio session. While traditional cardio can certainly aid in weight loss goals, and improve cardiovascular health, it can become quite repetitive and boring. There is so much more that your workout could be doing for you, and listed below are just a few of the main benefits that set a Kickboxing class apart from traditional cardio classes.
- BUILD MUSCLE STRENGTH. The workouts are designed to give you a great full body workout that will engage every muscle in your body. With a kickboxing bag working as your resistance, each kick and punch will build strength as you progress through each workout.
- IMPROVE BALANCE AND COORDINATION. The various combinations of jabs and kicks, coupled with continuous and quick movements, will aid in building faster reflexes through improved balance and coordination. As you become accustomed to the movements, you become more kinesthetically aware of your body, which helps improve your reactivity and your balance.
- IMPROVE CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH. Consistent participation in cardio-kickboxing classes can greatly increase your maximum oxygen uptake (VO2max). VO2max is how adequately your body gets and utilizes oxygen. The higher your VO2max, the easier the workouts, and daily movement, become.
- WEIGHT LOSS. Kickboxing provides you with an amazing aerobic workout that increases your caloric burn. Each class is known to burn up to 350-450 calories per hour which can help aid in weight loss goals.
- DECREASE RISK OF CHRONIC DISEASES. The improved cardiovascular health, as well as maintaining an appropriate weight, help to decrease your risk of chronic health issues that are associated with obesity.
- ADAPTABILITY. Kickboxing classes are adaptable to all age levels, and all fitness abilities. So, whether you are just getting started in a workout routine, or have been exercising all of your life, Kickboxing is a great workout that can be adapted to suit your specific needs.
- INCREASE ENERGY. As your body adapts to the fitness class, it begins to work more efficiently. As your heart and lungs perform more efficiently, it increases your body’s overall energy level. Regular exercise is also known to improve quality of sleep, which will increase your energy levels even more.
As you can see, while traditional cardio classes can certainly accomplish some of these things, most of them are only able to be achieved through regular and consistent participation in a Kickboxing class. With improved quality of sleep, increased energy, and greater cardiovascular health, what more reason do you need to jump into a class today?